The Crimson Crescent Clan
Hello! Welcome to The Crimson Crescent Clan! Visit our topic for more details!

→ http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=52236

We hope to see you soon!
Hello! Welcome to The Crimson Crescent Clan! Visit our topic for more details!

→ http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=52236

We hope to see you soon!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcoмe!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» New Site
The legend of Zelda games I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 6:17 pm by Crimzen

» What comes to mind?
The legend of Zelda games I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 2:49 pm by Necromancer

» Roleplay Words
The legend of Zelda games I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 9:58 pm by Guest

» Crimzen's Games
The legend of Zelda games I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:25 am by Guest

» Joining Ritual
The legend of Zelda games I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 6:51 pm by Solara

» The legend of Zelda games
The legend of Zelda games I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 5:49 pm by Solara

» Wolfquest Members!
The legend of Zelda games I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 12:27 pm by Crimzen

» Role-play Violations
The legend of Zelda games I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:06 pm by Guest

» Training Sessions
The legend of Zelda games I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 4:54 pm by Crimzen

The legend of Zelda games

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mala
ѕιgнтѕeer

The legend of Zelda games Empty
PostSubject: The legend of Zelda games   The legend of Zelda games I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 11:14 pm

Well, I absolutely LOVE the legend of Zelda games.

wikipedia wrote:
Gameplay

The Legend of Zelda games feature a mixture of action, puzzles, adventure/battle gameplay, exploration, and questing. These elements have remained constant throughout the series, but with refinements and additions featured in each new game. Later games in the series also comprise stealth gameplay, where the player must avoid enemies while proceeding through a level, as well as racing elements. Although the games can be beaten with a minimal amount of exploration and side quests, the player is frequently rewarded for solving puzzles or exploring hidden areas with helpful items or increased abilities. Some items are consistent and appear many times throughout the series, such as bombs, which can be used both as weapons and to open blocked or hidden doorways, boomerangs, which can kill or paralyze enemies, keys for locked doors, magic swords and shields and bows and arrows, while others are unique to a single game. Though the games contain many role-playing elements, they emphasize straightforward hack and slash-style combat over the strategic, turn-based or active time combat of games like Final Fantasy. The game's role-playing elements, however, have led to much debate over whether or not the Zelda games should be classified as action role-playing games, a genre on which the series had a strong influence.[8]

Every game in the main Zelda series has consisted of three principal areas: an overworld in which movement is multidirectional, allowing the player some degree of freedom of action; areas of interaction with other characters (merely caves or hidden rooms in the first game, but expanding to entire towns and cities in subsequent games) in which the player gains special items or advice; and dungeons, areas of labyrinthine layout, usually underground, comprising a wide range of difficult enemies, bosses, and items. Each dungeon usually has one major item inside, which is usually essential for solving many of the puzzles in that dungeon and often plays a crucial role in defeating that dungeon's boss as well as progressing through the game. In nearly every Zelda game, navigating a dungeon is aided by locating a map, which reveals its layout, and a magic compass, which reveals the location of significant items.

In most Zelda games, the player's life meter is represented as a line of hearts, and obtaining hearts from defeated enemies recharges your meter by one point. Most Zelda games feature "heart containers" or "a piece of heart", which can extend your life meter's maximum level by one, and these are very often the prize for completing side quests. They are also awarded after killing the final boss of each dungeon. Fairies also play a role in recharging your life meter, either by filling it to the top, or even, in later games, resurrecting you after you die. In the earlier games, Link is able to fire energy blasts from his sword when at full life.

The games pioneered a number of features that were to become industry standards. The original Legend of Zelda was the first console game with a save function that enabled players to stop playing and then resume later. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time introduced a targeting system that simplified 3D combat.
Back to top Go down
Solara
pнyѕιcιan
Solara

PostSubject: Re: The legend of Zelda games   The legend of Zelda games I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 11:28 pm

So do I! I used to have the Phantom Hourglass one for DS, but I acidentally sold it, and then my DS broke... Sad
Back to top Go down
Mala
ѕιgнтѕeer

PostSubject: Re: The legend of Zelda games   The legend of Zelda games I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 1:33 am

bummer, my sister had the Phantom Hourglass for DS, she also has a special DS thing, it was gold DS with ta triforce symbol on it. Some one stole it with the game in it. Sad Well my favorite Zelda game is Twilight princess, what about yours?
Back to top Go down
Solara
pнyѕιcιan
Solara

PostSubject: Re: The legend of Zelda games   The legend of Zelda games I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 5:49 pm

I've only ever played Phantom Hourglass, so Phantom Hourglass. XD But hopefully I'll get a new game system for Xmas and I can buy another chip for it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The legend of Zelda games   The legend of Zelda games I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The legend of Zelda games
Page 1 of 1